Srishti - 2012
Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad, Karnataka has organized a three day State Level Project Exhibition and Competition for engineering students in the Campus. Sri. D.V. Sadananda Gowda, Hon’ble Chief Minister, Government of Karnataka inaugurated the event. In his inaugural address he pointed out that such kind of events truly helps in identifying the potentiality of the students. He also elaborated that the present generation needs to develop innovation and application of mind. This perspective will certainly help in contributing to the national development. In other sense, the invention and discovery are taking place at the rate of knots around the world. He appreciated the infrastructure and facilities of the college and expressed gratitude to the Chairman Sri. Manjunath Bhandary.
Sri. Nalin Kumar Kateel, Hon’ble MP, Dakshina Kannada and Sri. E.S. Chakravarthy, Centre Head, TCS, Bangalore were the Chief Guests. In their address they appreciated the steps of ABVP for bringing all the innovative projects under one umbrella and advised the students to make use of it for their better prospects. Sri. N. Ravikumar, Zonal Organizing Secretary, ABVP, in his address he gave an over view about Srishti 2012. Sri. Manjunath Bhandary, President, Bhandary Foundation presided over the function. In his address he admired the concept of Srishti by organizing the State level exhibition of Engineering projects. He felt that this kind of an exhibition will definitely help in recognizing the innate skills of everyone.
Our students have bagged prizes in Srishti - 2012
On the occasion of Srishti-2012 about 250 projects by the studentsfrom 79 different Engineering colleges of the state were displayed and exhibited. The students of our college have bagged several prizes.
- Mr. Joe Newton Crasta, Mr. Isham Ibrahim, Ms. Hina Zainab, Ms. Eshrath of the Department of Computer Science & Engineering won first prize for their project entitled “Wall- E”.
- Ms. Denita, Ms. Sharmila, Mr. Jithin Gosh and Ms. Asha Fernandes of the Department of Electronics & Communications Engineering won third place for their project entitled “Wi-Fi based ARM processed USB data transfer system”
- Mr. Johnson Tellis and Mr. Gautham Nayak of II Semester won Consolation prize for their project on “Super Cap Bike- Friend of a village” in the AVISHKAR category.
- Mr. Naveen T. P of the Department of Computer Science & Engineering won second place in the paper presentation competition for his paper entitled “The new forms of virus and providing a life to Operating System by new methods”
- Mr. Rajath R Badami and Mr. Vasudev Bhat of the Department of Mechanical Engineering were awarded with a Consolation prize for their paper entitled “Investigation effect of mechanical and chemical properties of Glass/ epoxy composite material”.