Sahyadri P.U. College is affiliated to PU Board of Government of Karnataka vide Government Order No. ED 149 SHH 2009.
"Character and Wisdom" Character is the moral quality and ethical standard that make up the inner nature of a person. Wisdom is the quality of discerning and judging properly as to what is true or right.
To foster a knowledge-based society with emphasis on human values.
To empower young minds attain success in life by harnessing their innate abilities and talents; to equip them with sound knowledge and skills and temper their souls with the right values and attitudes required for harmonious and fruitful social existence.
Highlights of the P U College
- Experienced and efficient teaching faculty, spacious laboratory and library with internet facility
- Calm and quiet atmosphere on the banks of Nethravathi River
- Limited admission to ensure greater individual attention
- Well furnished class rooms
- Regular monitoring of students' progress/attendance
- Counselling cell for slow learners
- Emphasis on all-round development with wide opportunity for varied exposure and extra curricular activities
- Supplementary coaching by invited guest faculty and subject experts
- CET/AIEEE/Spoken English coaching cells (Spoken English Classes are conducted to hone the communication skills of the students. Attending these classes is mandatory.)
- Psychological counselling to enable the student to cope with personal and career issues
- Big play ground with well equipped sports facilities
- Canteen facility with economic, hygienic food
- Hostel facility
- Transport facility
- Banking facility
- Yoga classes
- Fee Concessions to the meritorious and economically backward Students/Sports & Cultural Talents
- Exposure to national level seminars/workshops
- Collaboration with IIIT, Allahabad and Dept. of Science and Technology
Education: An Overview
UNESCO'S report on education for the 21st century says learning should contribute to every person's total development. It endorses the four pillars of learning: 1) Learning to know, 2) Learning to do, 3) Learning to be and 4) Learning to live together. y little thing in our life. Information is available everywhere. From information, we derive knowledge, which brings wisdom. What we read determines our knowledge and how we use it in society.
"Learning to do"
It is the practical part of learning. What we study in school and colleges should help us sustain ourselves. There should not be a distance between what we learn and what we do.
"Learning to be."
Education must enable everyone to solve their problems, make their own decisions and shoulder responsibilities. That is the concept of "Learning to be."
"Learning to live together"
It is exactly what it means. Education should teach us values and concepts of living together i.e. solidarity, teamwork, compassion, honesty etc. Sahyadri P.U. College tries to emulate this ideal of learning and has a holistic perception of academic excellence. We aim at securing high percentage of results. In addition, we also strive for the intellectual and physical development of the student. It's our dream that a student coming out of the portals of this institution should become socially acceptable, religiously tolerable and emotionally matured.