The Bhandary Foundation evolved from the social vision of Mr. Manjunath Bhandary. The Foundation is dedicated to the cause of Social Justice, Social Development through Education and Up-lifting the lesser privileged sections of the society with the specified goals to serve in the field of health, education, sports and culture. The Foundation has inherited Mr. Bhandary's social vision which he succinctly puts: "It is important to make the world a better place than the one we inherited so that the future generations can enjoy a period of peace, prosperity and social justice."
The Foundation has conducted various national and international seminars, conferences and workshops on HIV/AIDS prevention and awareness for the students and faculty. The Foundation has been striving to create a strong awareness in the younger generation about the evils of HIV/AIDS and drug abuse.
The Foundation also organized a National level HIV/AIDS conference at Mangalore for student nurses and the faculty of Nursing Colleges during the year 2005. This conference was inaugurated by his Excellency Mr. S. M. Krishna, then Governor of Maharashtra and attended by representatives from Bill Gates Foundation, UN Aides and other distinguished personalities who are related to this field.
Dedicated to the cause of philanthropic enterprise and substantial social contributions, the Bhandary Foundation as an advocate for progressive change in our society, has started the Sahyadri Educational Institutions.
To contribute towards nation building by transforming the youths into educated and dedicated young Indians.
To provide high quality education and primary health care to all, irrespective of economic and social standing.
Objectives of the Foundation...
- Legacy: We work towards creating a better environment for the future generations.
- Integrity and Ethics: We strive to be absolutely honest and ethical in everything we do.
- People: The people we work with make our success possible and we shall always employ the best possible human talent.
- Excellence: We strive to achieve excellence as well as to build excellence in others.
- Success: Always work towards achieving outstanding results in everything we do.
- Spirit of Innovation: We always strive to find new, creative, and better means to share our expertise in all dimensions of our activities.
Visit Bhandary Foundation at www.bhandaryfoundation.org