Workshop on ‘Stress Management & Mindfulness’ for Engineering Students
Workshop on ‘Stress Management & Mindfulness’ for Engineering Students was organized by the Dept. of Electronics & Communication Engineering on 23rd May 2021. Mr. Ankith S Kumar, Student Counsellor, facilitated the sessions.
Key Tips given by the facilitator of the workshop:
• How to maintain a healthier lifestyle
• Cope Up with stress of everyday living
• Spend time each day with at least one relaxation technique – imagery, prayer, yoga or meditation
• Take a warm bath or shower
• Go for a walk to relieve stress
• How emotions impact the energy in our body
• Regular practice to cultivate 3 core skills – Concentration, Sensor Clarity and Equanimity
• How to react when we are tested positive for Covid-19
• Need not worry of the past, improve the future
• Ways to practice mindfulness
• 3 structured mindfulness exercises - Body scan meditation, Sitting meditation and Walking meditation
The session gave the students and the faculty members an opportunity to learn how to manage stress in their daily lives.